RV Inspections and RV Services
So What Happens at an RV Inspection?
- All fees are to be paid prior to or at the inspection. I take payment via Square, Credit Card, Check, or Cash. In the case of using a credit card there is a 3.6% processing fee.
- Once the decision has been made to have an RV Inspection, you will receive an email from HomeGauge with a username and log in so that you can digitally sign your contract. Your contract will contain the agreed upon inspection, samples, and location of the inspections spelled out. Once a client has signed and sent to me the contract. The pay no later than date will also be spelled out as well on the contract.
- The RV will need to be hooked up to power, water, and sewer in order to complete a full inspection of the RV. If the unit is not fully hooked I will mark those systems that can't be inspected as not checked. Remember it can take a RV refrigerator up to 12 hours to reach working temperatures.
- I do not drive the RV as part of the inspection. A motorized RV will need to be started to verify that it starts and check the instrument cluster for normal operation and if oil samples are taken the engine and transmission will need to come up to operating temperature. I would prefer the seller and or seller representative be present to start the RV for this part of the inspection.
- I am located in Cullman, AL and service a 60 mile area around Cullman. Anything outside that 60 mile area I will charge for mileage and tolls. I am willing to travel up to 150 miles and I charge .60 cents a mile to destination outside the service area.
- It usually takes me 6-8 hours for a large Class A, Super C, or Bus Conversation. 5-6 hours for a Class C and B. Towed RV's will take anywhere from 4-6 hours.
- I try really hard to have your inspection to you in less than 24 hours but it could take up to 36 depending on what I find. The report can be accessed via the HomeGauge website.
- Oil and Coolant samples are taken and mailed off to a laboratory and the reports are usually available with 3 to 5 working days depending on the US Mail system getting the sample to the lab. The report will be emailed to you in a PDF format.
- **An important thing to note is that if the inspection occurs during the winter time and the RV is winterized then Crushed Armadillo Consulting, LLC. is not responsible for re-winterizing the rig. This will need to be negotiated between the buyer and seller. Even if offered additional money to do it would violate the Standards of Conduct of the NRVIA, where as once a vehicle is inspected the inspector can not work on that RV for up to one year from date of inspection.
- For RV Service work my 2023 hourly rate is $80.00 an hour. I charge a $70 service call fee.